Internal Regulations of the Journal Editorial Board
Article 1 (Purpose)
These internal regulations aim to regulate the details necessary for the composition and operation of the Journal Editorial Board (hereinafter referred to as "the Board") and the publication of journals in accordance with the regulations of the Editorial Board Rules Article 2 Paragraph 1.
Article 2 (Composition)
The Board shall be composed of the chairman (1) and the vice chairman from each group, and a number of editorial members from each field. The editorial members shall be appointed by the President with the recommendation of the Chairman. The editorial members shall be regular members of the Society who have possessed a doctoral degree for more than 2 years, or those who have an equivalent level of education.
Article 3 (Tenure)
The tenure of the editorial members of the Board shall be 2 year in principle; however, their tenure may be extended.
Article 4 (Duties)
The Board shall perform tasks related to assessment, editing, and publication according to the procedures of journal assessment, such as the establishment of guidelines on publishing the regular publications of the journal, the selection of judges for papers, and confirmation of publication of papers. The journal shall be published in 2 types - computer and communication system, software and data engineering - based on the areas and characteristics of the papers, and shall be published every month, for a total of 24 journals per year. The date of publication shall be the last day of each month.
Article 5 (Area)
The editorial areas of the Board are as follows. The order of papers shall follow the order of the areas arranged.
1. KIPS Transactions. Computer and Communication System : Computer Systems & Theory, Next Generation Communication Systems and Networks, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, Information Security, Blackchain, ICT Convergence
2. KIPS Transactions. Software and Data Engineering : Software Engineering, Data Engineering, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Multimedia Processing, Web Science, Human-Computer Interaction, etc.
Article 6 (Assessment of papers)
As regards the procedure for assessing papers and the criteria for selecting editorial members, the details stipulated in Appendix 1 shall be followed.
1. These internal regulations shall enter into effect from March 25, 2002.
2. These internal regulations shall enter into effect from March 27, 2009.
3. These internal regulations shall enter into effect from September 1, 2009.
4. These internal regulations shall enter into effect from January 9, 2015.
5. These internal regulations shall enter into effect from October 28, 2016.
6. These internal regulations shall enter into effect from January 29, 2021.